R-507 is a mixture of azeotropic HFC refrigerant gases, with zero deterioration of the ozone layer, used in new mid-range and low temperature equipment. It is also an indirect replacement (retrofit), in equipment that previously operated with R-502 and its HCFC replacements such as R-408A, DI-44, and HP80.
R-507 is a long term replacement refrigerant for installations with mid-range and low refrigeration temperatures that previously would have used R-502 or R-22. Its physical, thermodynamic and operational properties are very similar to those of R-502. Discharge temperatures are lower than those of R-502. In some working conditions, the cooling capacity is even higher than that of R-502 but at the same time with a slightly lower coefficient of performance.
· Cold stores.
· Refrigerated display cabinets.
· Ice cream/ice machines.
· Ice rinks.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
· Cold drinks dispenser.
· Freezing tunnels.
· Fishing boats.
· Flooded systems.
- Medium temperatures
- Low Temperatures
- new Installations
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Only compatible with POE synthetic oils.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Discharge temperatures are lower than R-22 y R-502, which extends the life of the compressor.
· Very similar cooling capacity and energy efficiency to R-502.
· Higher cooling capacity and similar energy efficiency to that of R-22.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 3985
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -46.7
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 66.64
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils