R-422A is a mixture of almost azeotropic HFC and HC refrigerant gases, with zero ozone layer depletion, used as a direct drop-in replacement for R-502 and its HCFC substitutes such as, for example, R-408A, DI-44 and HP80, in a wide variety of refrigeration applications at mid-range and low temperatures.
Quicker and more simple conversions through not having to change, in most cases, the system’s original oil for POE synthetic oils as would happen with R-404A, R-507 and R-442A.
· Ice machines.
· Cold chambers.
· Ice rinks.
· Freezing tunnels.
· Refrigerated transport.
- Medium temperatures
- Low Temperatures
- Drop-in replacement
· Quick, simple and inexpensive substitution.
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Compatible with the system’s original oil.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· It achieves slightly lower cooling capacity than R-502 at low temperature and similar energy efficiency in the majority of systems.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 3143
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -47
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 2
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 74.34
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
- Synthetic POE oils
- Mineral oils
- AKB oils