RS-70 is the lowest GWP HFC replacement for R-22 available on the market, with zero ozone layer depletion, in air conditioning and refrigeration systems & compatible with all lubricants. RS-70 could be used in new equipment designed for R-22 or in retrofit operations.
RS-70 is compatible both with the traditional mineral & alkylbenzene oils, and also the polyol ester lubricants so that there is no need to change the existing lubricant in the system when retrofitting to R22. With its high technical performance, compatibility with all lubricants and low GWP, non-flammable, RS-70 is an excellent choice to replace R22 as the end of R22 approaches as mandated under the Montreal Protocol, the F Gas regulation in the European Union and other country based restrictions.
RS-70 can be used in equipment with fixed (capillary) or adjustable (TXV) expansion systems. RS-70 is similar to R22 in terms of cooling capacity, COP, mass flow, compression ratio & discharge pressure while having a lower discharge temperature. Accordingly, RS-70 is an excellent choice to replace R22 in the majority of applications where R22 is found.
· Water coolers.
· Heat pumps.
· Cold stores.
· Refrigerated display cabinets.
· Ice cream/ice machines.
· Ice rinks.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
· Cold drinks dispenser.
· Freezing tunnels.
· Fishing boats.
- High temperatures
- Medium temperatures
- Low Temperatures
- new Installations
- Drop-in replacement
· Quick, simple, inexpensive and effective replacement.
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Compatible with the system’s original oil.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Although the standard recommendation is not to mix refrigerants, studies undertaken show that technically they can be mixed with R-22 in any proportion.
· Lower discharge temperatures than R-22, which extends the life of the compressor.
· It reaches almost the same cooling capacity and energy efficiency as R-22.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 1765.
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -42.2
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 4.2
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 41.7
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
- Mineral oils