R-442A is a non-azeotropic mixture of HFC refrigerant gases with zero ozone layer depletion, low global warming potential and high in energy efficiency, used in new refrigeration equipment at mid-range and low temperatures. It is also a direct drop-in replacement for R-404A and R-507 and an indirect replacement (retrofit) for R-502 and its HCFC substitutes like, for example, R-22, R-408A, DI-44, HP80.
R-442A (RS-50) represents the evolution of highly safe (A1) refrigerants within the HFC group, with a low greenhouse gas impact and major energy savings at mid-range and low temperatures. Studies undertaken by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia have shown that R-442A is the refrigerant that offers most cooling capacity coefficient of performance compared with R-22, R-404A, R-507, R-407A and R-407F at both mid-range and low evaporation temperatures. A significant reduction in the time required to reach the desired temperature was also noted. The special additives in R-442A also allow for a major improvement in the POE oil return to the compressor. To convert an R-22 installation to R-442A, the mineral oil needs to be replaced by POE oil, the filter dryer changed and the safety valves and other elements calibrated to R-22 pressures. As with any change from HCFC to HFC, changing rubber O-rings for plastic ones is recommended. When it is to be used as a replacement for R-502, R-408A, R-507, R-404A go to \"\"Replacements R-502, R-408A, DI44...\"\"
· Water coolers.
· Cold stores.
· Refrigerated display cabinets.
· Ice cream/ice machines.
· Ice rinks.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
· Cold drinks dispenser.
· Freezing tunnels.
· Fishing boats.
- Medium temperatures
- Low Temperatures
- new Installations
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Only compatible with POE synthetic oils.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Lower discharge temperatures than R-22.
· Much higher cooling capacity and energy efficiency than R-22, R-422D, R438A, R-434A, R-404A, R-507 and R-407A.
· Higher cooling capacity and energy efficiency than R-407F.
· Pressures similar to R-404A.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 1888
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -46.5
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 4.6
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 47.7
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
MANUFACTURERRefrigerant Solutions Ltd
We succeed in greatly reducing the TEWI with this refrigerant, which is the sum of the direct CO2 emissions provoked by refrigerant leakage and the indirect emissions produced by the electrical consumption of the equipment using this refrigerant. Many installation companies used to recommend R-404A and R-507 for high temperature installations despite being less efficient than R-134a, because using R-134a requires a larger compressor thereby increasing the cost. With R-442, a larger compressor is not required but a great deal of energy efficiency is gained.