R-424A is a mixture of non-azeotropic HFC and HC refrigerant gases, with zero ozone layer depletion, used as a direct drop-in replacement for R-22 in equipment that has fixed (capillary) or adjustable (TXV) expansion systems with evaporation temperatures above -10ºC.
It is the recommended solution for replacing R-22 in general climatization equipment. Easy, direct and efficient. With no need to adjust the expansion valve or change the system’s original oil.
· General commercial and domestic air conditioning systems.
· Heat pumps.
· Splits / Multi-splits / Cassette.
· Mobile air conditioners.
· Rooftop Units.
·Window / wall air conditioners.
· Water coolers.
· Supermarket chilled goods equipment.
· Food Storage.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
- High temperatures
- Medium temperatures
- Drop-in replacement
· Quick, simple and inexpensive substitution.
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Compatible with the system’s original oil.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Although the standard recommendation is not to mix refrigerants, studies undertaken show that technically they can be mixed with R-22 in any proportion.
· Discharge temperatures very much lower than R-22, which extends the life of the compressor.
· It achieves the cooling capacity and energy efficiency of R-22 in the majority of systems.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 2440
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -38.7
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 3
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 43.6
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
- Mineral oils
- AKB oils
MANUFACTURERRefrigerant Solutions Ltd
Less temperature slide (glide) than other direct drop-in replacements for R-22 (R-417A, R-417B, R-424A, R-422D, R438A) so that the fractionation of the mixture in the case of leakage is much lower thereby maintaining optimum operating conditions.