El R-422D is a mixture of non-azeotropic HFC and HC refrigerant gases, with zero ozone layer depletion, used as a direct drop-in replacement for R-22 in equipment fitted with an adjustable expansion system (TXV) at above-zero temperatures and mid-range ones up to -15ºC.
It was originally designed to replace R-22 in direct expansion water coolers. It can also be used in domestic and residential air conditioning systems, as well as mid-range temperature cooling systems. Compatible with the system’s original oil. Cooling capacity slightly lower than that of R-22. Opening/adjusting of the expansion valve may be required.
· Water coolers.
· Multi-splits / Cassette.
· Cooling chambers.
- High temperatures
- Medium temperatures
- Drop-in replacement
· Quick, easy and inexpensive replacement.
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Compatible with the system’s original oil.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Discharge temperatures very much lower than R-22, which extends the life of the compressor.
· Slightly lower cooling capacity and energy efficiency than R-22.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 2729
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -43.2
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 4.5
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 53.1
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
- Mineral oils
- AKB oils