R-410A is an almost azeotropic mixture of HFC refrigerant gases developed as a zero ozone layer depletion replacement for R-22 in new climatization equipment. Above-zero evaporation temperatures.
Internationally, it is the preferred option for new air conditioning units, heat pumps, etc. Unlike R-22, R-410A works at much higher pressures and only with POE synthetic oil. The great advantage of R-410A is its high level of cooling capacity than can be about 50% higher than R-22. For this reason, smaller sized components can be used and more compact machines produced compared with R-22. Copper fittings, pipes, valves, compressors, etc must be designed to support the increased pressure of R-410A. Because of its working pressures, R-410A is not appropriate for the conversion of existing R-22 equipment. For this conversation, R-424A is recommended as a direct drop-in replacement and R-407C as a retrofit.\"
- High temperatures
- new Installations
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Only compatible with POE synthetic oils.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Cooling capacity and working pressure much higher than that of R-22.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 2088
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -51.58
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0.1
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 61.5
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils