R-407C is a mixture of non-azeotropic HFC refrigerant gases, with zero ozone layer depletion, used in new climatization equipment and air conditioning. It is also an indirect replacement (retrofit) for R-22 equipment at above-zero and mid-range temperatures.
R-407C is a similar refrigerant to R-22 in terms of working pressure, capacity and energy efficiency for above-zero and mid-range evaporation temperatures. Emptying of the original oil is required (mineral or alkylbenzene) to be replaced with a POE synthetic oil. R-407C has a very high temperature slip and so in the case of leakage from the low pressure line (vapour) a refill is not recommendable, as the mixture present in the system will become extremely deteriorated and the equipment will not function correctly. The composition of the vapour phase remaining in the containers will have diverged from the product specifications.
· General commercial and domestic air conditioning systems.
· Rooftop Units.
· Supermarket chilled goods equipment.
· Food Storage.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
- High temperatures
- Medium temperatures
- new Installations
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Changing mineral oil or alkylbenzene for POE synthetic oil is required.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· In case of leakage, empty and refill with a completely new load.
· Lower discharge temperatures than R-22, which extends the life of the compressor.
· Achieves a cooling capacity and energy efficiency similar to that of R-22 in most systems.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 1774
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -43.5
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 7.4
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 43.33
· UN nº: 3340
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
When R-22 was banned in new equipment, many manufacturers took advantage of the production lines that used to produce R-22 climatization equipment to continue manufacturing equipment using R-407C but this time with synthetic POE rather than mineral oil. Not recommended for flooded evaporators or centrifugal compressors.