R-32 is a pure HFC refrigerant gas, with zero ozone layer depletion and low global warming potential, used in its pure state in small new air conditioning units and also as a component in HFC mixtures.
R-32 is suitable for new equipment specifically designed for R-32, in applications that used to use R-410A. It is not a suitable gas for retrofit. Its GWP is within the acceptable limits for refrigerant gases used in new equipment with a load less than 3 kg put on the market from 1/01/2025 in compliance with European Regulation (EU) Nº 517/2014.
It has excellent thermodynamic properties as a refrigerant. Its cooling characteristics are similar to the refrigerants R-22 and R-502. It has been used as a component in HFC refrigerant mixtures very well known to industry such as R-407C, R410A, R442A (RS50), R-407F, R-407A, RS70….
Nevertheless, R-32 has not been used in its pure state thus far, as the vapour pressure and the compression discharge temperature are both too high.
Moreover, R-32 is classified as A2L, with low flammability.
· Split systems.
- High temperatures
- new Installations
Does not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 675.
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -51.6
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 47.31
· UN nº: 3252
· Safety classification: A2L. Low toxicity and low flammability.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils