R-434A is a mixture of almost azeotropic HFC and HC refrigerant gases, with zero ozone layer depletion, used as a direct drop-in replacement for R-22 in equipment with an adjustable expansion (TXV) system with above-zero, mid-range and low evaporation temperatures up to -35ºC.
It is the recommended solution for replacing R-22 in large climatization equipment and cooling systems in general. Easy, direct and efficient. Compatible with the system’s original oil. The same cooling capacity as R-22, even at low temperatures. Ideal for flooded systems thanks to its low temperature slip. Opening/adjusting of the expansion valve may be required.
· Water coolers.
· Flooded systems.
· Heat pumps.
· Cold stores.
· Refrigerated display cabinets.
· Ice cream/ice machines.
· Ice rinks.
· Cold chambers.
· Refrigerated transport.
· Cold drinks dispenser.
· Freezing tunnels.
· Fishing boats.
- High temperatures
- Medium temperatures
- Low Temperatures
- Drop-in replacement
· Quick, simple, inexpensive and effective replacement.
· Dos not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Compatible with the system’s original oil.
· No need for existing equipment to be changed.
· Equipment can be refilled in the case of leakage.
· Although the standard recommendation is not to mix refrigerants, studies undertaken show that technically they can be mixed with R-22 in any proportion.
· Discharge temperatures very much lower than R-22, which extends the life of the compressor.
· It achieves the same cooling capacity and energy efficiency as R-22.
· Global warming potential (GWP) = 3238
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -44.9
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 1.5
· Saturated vapour density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 53.1
· UN nº: 1078
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and nonflammable.
· Always load in its liquid phase.
- Synthetic POE oils
- Mineral oils
- AKB oils
MANUFACTURERRefrigerant Solutions Ltd
Less temperature slip (glide) than the other direct drop-in replacements for R-22 (R-417A, R-417B, R-424A, R-422D, R438A) which means that the fractionation of the mixture in the case of leakage is much lower, thereby maintaining optimum operating conditions.
· A single replacement of R-22 for high, mid-range and low temperatures without loss of cooling capacity once the expansion valve or TXV has been adjusted.
· The only direct replacement for R-22 valid for flooded evaporators thanks to its low temperature slip (glide).